Sunday, August 07, 2005

Bush Won't Face What He's Done

Here's a woman whose son is one of the over 1,800 of our soldiers to die in Bush's war in Iraq. She wants to meet with Bush about it. Of course he's not up to that. He can send folks off to die, but he can't talk to their mamas. Because, you know, he's busy. Cutting brush and shit.

"I'm angry. I want the troops home," Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who staged a protest that she vowed on Sunday to continue until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son? What did my son die for?"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1016655

The article adds, later:

Sheehan was among grieving military families who met with Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Seattle, Wash. That was just two months after her son, Casey, was killed in Sadr City, Iraq, on April 4, 2004.

Since then, she said, various government and independent commission reports have disputed the Bush administration's claims that Saddam Hussein had mass-killing chemical and biological weapons a main justification for the March 2003 invasion.

"I was still in shock then," Sheehan said in a telephone interview.

"All of those reports prove my son died needlessly," said Sheehan. "This proved that every reason George Bush gave us for going to war was wrong."

(Thanks to Zelda, who sent me the link: http://darcy12.blogspot.com/)

No comments: