Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Kid

The kid is reading D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, and another big fat kids' book of Greek myths, and a third book of World Mythology for Children, and also I Am a Buddhist, this last one because my WWBD cup came a few weeks ago, and I had to explain to her what Buddha would do, so that she has been going around telling me earnestly for the past few weeks that she is being here now and not desiring and practicing being still (she's not so good at the last two, but then neither am I) so when I was at the library yesterday fetching the myth books I couldn't resist the Buddha book.

Anyway, I just had to pass on the news. Because, despite the whole problem with desire? I have always wanted to have a kid who would sit all day in a big fat white chair in my living room, absorbed in reading books on Greek mythology while I drank cup after cup of coffee and worked on my current novel.

I'm like in paradise already.

Hot damn.

No comments: