Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Things That Make Me Say AAAAAiiii!

So I finished reading Grapes of Wrath, as I mentioned.

And I was cruising around the blogosphere, just seeing what other bloggers thought of the thing, since, as I said, I'm thinking I might want to teach it next semester.

Came across this:

President George W. Bush was introduced to the film “The Grapes of Wrath” as a student at the Harvard Business School, where he got admitted on his family’s name. “I wanted to give the class a visual reference for poverty and a sense of historical empathy,” macroeconomics professor Yoshi Tsurumi told a researcher for Kitty Kelley’s book, “The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty.”

“George Bush came up to me and said, ‘Why are you going to show us that commie movie?’” Tsurumi recalled. “I laughed because I thought he was kidding, but he wasn’t. After we viewed the film, I called on him to discuss the Depression and how he thought it affected people. [Bush] said, ‘Look, people are poor because they are lazy.’ A number of students pounced on him and demanded that he support his statement with facts and statistics. He quickly backed down because he could not sustain his broadside.”

http://jmbzine.com/wordpress/?p=359

It's just one of those things that make me go AAAiiiggg!

He's running our country. We've got a FUCKING MORON running the country.

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

Well, it's pretty consistent with his policies.

Anonymous said...

So nu? We all know he's a fucking moron...even 2/3rds of the people who have the misfortune to live in a red state

CB said...

I am not lazy. I am not. Grr. You know, that's the kind of thing to get a jackass beat up. Fucking moron.

delagar said...

It was exactly my students I was thinking of when I read that, Mouse. Lazy? Good Christ. My students work harder in one week that George W. every worked in his life.