Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Our semester starts back up tomorrow. We've been doing the pre-semester meetings and workshops and crap I mean useful sessions this week so far, so I'm worn out before we even begin, as usual. I start off at nine a.m. tomorrow with 3 classes in a row -- Comp II, History of the English Language (HEL, as we call it), and Chaucer.

I also have Thursdays off this semester. Thursdays for writing. All day all writing. Well, yay.

By the way:

The kid, as we were driving home (she and mr. delagar picked me up from my workshops)told me that they had studied Afghanistan at her school today.

"Women are oppressed there!" she told me. "They have to wear burqas! Sometimes they can't learn to read!"

"You know why that is, don't you?" I asked.

"The patriarchy!" she yelled.

Well, all right then.

No comments: