Wednesday, August 18, 2010

That Obama, He Hates The Little Guys...

This sort of thing has been happening  here in Arkansas too.

I had a student during one of my summer sessions bring me her TAA form to sign, and say, shaking her head, "I don't know why I'm bothering, though.  The folks down at the Unemployment Office told me Obama's cutting off my unemployment benefits."

I held back my pen briefly to give her a long look, because, you will remember I am certain, this was right during that period when it was the Republicans who were refusing to vote to extend unemployment benefits.  "Obama," I said.  "Really.  You do know it's the Republicans who are refusing to vote to extend your benefits?"

She smirked and shook her head.  "No, it's Obama.  That's what they're telling me down there."

"I can send you some links," I said, "or you can read the paper.  It's actually your Republican Congress and Senators.  They're voting against the extensions."

"Well, Obama's the man in charge, isn't he?"


No comments: