Monday, April 14, 2014

Solution

So the problem with the car was exactly what I thought it was: the timing belt blew, and wrecked the engine totally.

The cost to replace the engine would be around $4,500, more than we have (obviously -- we've got about $40.00), and more than the car was worth.

So for now my parents are going to lend us their second car.  We're going to save money until July, when I start getting paid the salary increase (as a full professor).

At that point, let's hope, we'll be able to afford to buy a new-used car.

That's our plan, anyway.

And we're sticking to it.

God, being poor sucks.




4 comments:

Bardiac said...

I'm sorry to hear the bad news about your car.

delagar said...

Thanks, Bardiac.

We'd be a lot worse off if my parents weren't able to lend us theirs, though!

Anonymous said...

Yay your parents!

delagar said...

IKR?

I can't tell you what a relief this is.